Friday, April 10, 2009

Clutch

hydraulic clutch. new term learnt.

what happened? last night after movie, just one or two houses away, my clutch pedal decided to call it a day, and my leg went 'high' stepping on air pedal!

that bad? not bad at all, lucky really. didn't break at the mall, didn't break on the highway, didn't break even when going uphill to my neighbourhood, but broke a few houses away. so, i guess it's a sign that i need some exercise, pushing my car into the porch area, slightly uphill though :

at the end, found a new mechanic around the area. no longer do i need to send my car to town. also, insurance that has free tow is GOOD!

2 comments:

  1. So, how much to fix or change the clutch? Should be expensive for an old car, right? I am a bit worried of the same thing happening to my car. You are lucky it only failed nearby your house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The total was 100. 85 for the repair and 15 for coming to my house to try fix. If you find that oil is leaking, time to check whether it's your engine oil or clutch oil.

    ReplyDelete